PLEASE READ THESE TERMS OF SERVICE CAREFULLY AS THEY CONTAIN IMPORTANT INFORMATION REGARDING YOUR LEGAL RIGHTS, REMEDIES AND OBLIGATIONS.
If you create or add to a Inside Startups profile, you agree to (a) provide accurate, and current information when submitting people and company data and media files to the service; (b) maintain the security of your password and identification if you have one; (c) be fully responsible for all use of your account and for any actions that take place using your account.
Any contributions to Inside Startups are subject to the following terms: By uploading data and media files to Inside Startups, you grant permission to Inside Startups and other sites to access under the conditions of Creative Commons Attribution (CC-BY) and that third parties will provide attribution by linking to Inside Startups.
You should not upload media files that cannot be offered under CC-BY or another compatible license.
Any time you assign a free license such as CC-BY to a Media File you agree that when third parties reuse this file, they should again provide attribution by linking back to Inside Startups.
Inside Startups is a directory service that benefits from registered users and staff submitting people and company data and media files. This information may be inaccurate or out-of-date and users may make mistakes when submitting the information. Inside Startups assumes no responsibility regarding the accuracy of the information that is provided by Inside Startups and use of such information is at your own risk.
Inside Startups shall not be responsible for any failure to remove, or delay in removing, harmful, inaccurate, unlawful, or otherwise objectionable content within the Inside Startups Content originating with or otherwise provided by third parties.
Data and media files are continually amended and updated in the Service by multiple contributors to keep the service up-to-date. Inside Startups has no responsibility or liability for the deletion or failure to store or display any content that is contributed to the Content, Site, or Service.
You may copy, modify and redistribute Content in accordance with the guidelines posted on the Site or Service provided that you comply with the licenses that are presented with such Content.
You represent, warrant and agree that no materials of any kind submitted through a Inside Startups entry or otherwise posted, transmitted, or shared by you on or through the Site will violate or infringe upon the rights of any third party, including copyright, trademark, privacy, publicity or other personal or proprietary rights; or contain libelous, defamatory or otherwise unlawful material.
In addition, you agree not to:
- harvest or collect email addresses or other contact information of other users from the Site by electronic or other means for the purposes of sending unsolicited emails or other unsolicited communications;
- use the Site in any unlawful manner or in any other manner that could damage, disable, overburden or impair the Site;
- upload, post, transmit, share, store or otherwise make available any content that we deem to be harmful, threatening, unlawful, defamatory, infringing, abusive, inflammatory, harassing, vulgar, obscene, fraudulent, invasive of privacy or publicity rights, hateful, or racially, ethnically or otherwise objectionable;
- impersonate any person or entity, or falsely state or otherwise misrepresent yourself, your age or your affiliation with any person or entity;
- upload, post, transmit, share or otherwise make available any unsolicited or unauthorized advertising, solicitations, promotional materials, "junk mail," "spam," "chain letters," "pyramid schemes," or any other form of solicitation;
- upload, post, transmit, share, store or otherwise make publicly available on the Site any private information such as Social Security numbers and credit card numbers;
- solicit personal information from anyone under 18 or solicit passwords or personally identifying information for commercial or unlawful purposes;
- upload, post, transmit, share or otherwise make available any material that contains software viruses or any other computer code, files or programs designed to interrupt, destroy or limit the functionality of any computer software or hardware or telecommunications equipment;
- intimidate or harass another;
- upload, post, transmit, share, store or otherwise make available content that would constitute, encourage or provide instructions for a criminal offense, violate the rights of any party, or that would otherwise create liability or violate any local, state, national or international law;
- use or attempt to use another's account, service or system without authorization from Inside Startups, or create a false identity on the Site.
- upload, post, transmit, share, store or otherwise make available content that, in our sole judgment, is objectionable or which restricts or inhibits any other person from using or enjoying the Site, or which may expose Inside Startups or its users to any harm or liability of any type.
- post anything that exploits children or minors or that depicts cruelty to animals.
Inside Startups has in place certain legally mandated procedures regarding allegations of copyright infringement occurring on the Site. We have adopted a policy that provides for the immediate suspension and/or termination of any Site user who is found to have infringed on the rights of Inside Startups or of a third party, or otherwise violated any intellectual property laws or regulations. Our policy is to investigate any allegations of copyright infringement brought to our attention. If you have evidence, know, or have a good faith belief that your rights or the rights of a third party have been violated and you want Inside Startups to delete, edit, or disable the material in question, you must provide Inside Startups with all of the following information: (a) a physical or electronic signature of a person authorized to act on behalf of the owner of the exclusive right that is allegedly infringed; (b) identification of the copyrighted work claimed to have been infringed, or, if multiple copyrighted works are covered by a single notification, a representative list of such works; (c) identification of the material that is claimed to be infringed or to be the subject of infringing activity and that is to be removed or access to which is to be disabled, and information reasonably sufficient to permit us to locate the material; (d) information reasonably sufficient to permit us to contact you, such as an address, telephone number, and if available, an electronic mail address at which you may be contacted; (e) a statement that you have a good faith belief that use of the material in the manner complained of is not authorized by the copyright owner, its agent, or the law; and (f) a statement that the information in the notification is accurate, and under penalty of perjury, that you are authorized to act on behalf of the owner of an exclusive right that is allegedly infringed. For this notification to be effective, you must provide it to Inside Startups’s designated agent at:
Links to Third Party Sites
The Site contains (or you may be sent through the Site) links to other web sites (“Third Party Sites”) as well as articles, photographs, text, graphics, pictures, designs, music, sound, video, information, applications, software and other content or items belonging to or originating from third parties (the “Third Party Site Content”). We do not control or monitor such Third Party Sites or Third Party Site Content, and we are not responsible for any Third Party Sites or Third Party Site Content accessed through the Site. Inclusion of, linking to or permitting the use or installation of any Third Party Site or any Third Party Site Content does not imply approval or endorsement thereof by us. If you decide to leave the Site and access the Third Party Sites, you do so at your own risk and you should be aware that our terms and policies no longer govern.
Inside Startups, its licensors, and its content providers (including users who contribute to the site) own all right, title and interest in and to the Content created on this Site and Service. This Site and Service are protected by copyright, trademark, and other laws of both the United States and foreign countries. Except as expressly permitted in the Terms of Service, you may not reproduce, modify or prepare derivative works based on, distribute, sell, transfer, publicly display, publicly perform, transmit, or otherwise use this Site or the Service, or any portion thereof.
Relationship of the parties
You and Inside Startups are independent contractors, and nothing in this Agreement will create any partnership, joint venture, agency, franchise, sales relationship, or employment relationship between us. You will have no authority to make or accept any offers or representations on our behalf.
Inside Startups may terminate your membership, delete your Inside Startups entry and any content or information that you have posted on the Site and/or prohibit you from using or accessing the Site for any reason, or no reason, at any time in its sole discretion, with or without notice.
INSIDE STARTUPS HEREBY DISCLAIMS ALL WARRANTIES. INSIDE STARTUPS IS MAKING THE SITE AVAILABLE “AS IS” WITHOUT WARRANTY OF ANY KIND. YOU ASSUME THE RISK OF ANY AND ALL DAMAGE OR LOSS FROM USE OF, OR INABILITY TO USE, THE SITE. TO THE MAXIMUM EXTENT PERMITTED BY LAW, WE EXPRESSLY DISCLAIM ANY AND ALL WARRANTIES, EXPRESS OR IMPLIED, REGARDING THE SITE, INCLUDING, BUT NOT LIMITED TO, ANY IMPLIED WARRANTIES OF MERCHANTABILITY, FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE, OR NON-INFRINGEMENT. INSIDE STARTUPS DOES NOT WARRANT THAT THE SITE WILL MEET YOUR REQUIREMENTS OR THAT THE OPERATION OF THE SITE WILL BE UNINTERRUPTED OR ERROR-FREE.
Limitation on Liability
INSIDE STARTUPS’S LIABILITY TO YOU IS LIMITED. TO THE MAXIMUM EXTENT PERMITTED BY LAW, IN NO EVENT SHALL INSIDE STARTUPS OR ITS DIRECTORS, EMPLOYEES OR AGENTS BE LIABLE TO YOU FOR DAMAGES OF ANY KIND (INCLUDING, BUT NOT LIMITED TO, SPECIAL, INCIDENTAL, OR CONSEQUENTIAL DAMAGES, LOST PROFITS, OR LOST DATA, REGARDLESS OF THE FORESEEABILITY OF THOSE DAMAGES) ARISING OUT OF OR IN CONNECTION WITH YOUR USE OF THE SITE OR ANY OTHER MATERIALS OR SERVICES PROVIDED TO YOU BY INSIDE STARTUPS. This limitation shall apply regardless of whether the damages arise out of breach of contract, tort, or any other legal theory or form of action.
If, for whatever reason, a court of competent jurisdiction finds any term or condition in this Agreement to be unenforceable, all other terms and conditions will remain unaffected and in full force and effect. No waiver of any breach of any provision of this Agreement shall constitute a waiver of any prior, concurrent, or subsequent breach of the same or any other provisions hereof, and no waiver shall be effective unless made in writing and signed by an authorized representative of the waiving party.
Change of Control
In the event of a change of control of Inside Startups or the sale of substantially all of Inside Startups’s assets, all rights of Inside Startups hereunder shall be transferable without notice to you.
Contact us by email:
The Inside Startups mark and other Inside Startups graphics, logos, designs, page headers, button icons, scripts and service names are registered trademarks, trademarks or trade dress of Company in the U.S. and/or other countries.
Except for User Content or Third Party Site Content, all contents of the Site are: Copyright © 2012 Inside Startups, 584 10th Street, Brooklyn NY 11215. All rights reserved.